These group of animals are characters who made their first appearences in the 2006 Walt Disney Pictures animated film, The Wild.
- Samson is a male lion and the main protagonist of Manny, Sid, and Diego's Adventures of The Wild. His son, Ryan, is lost after lecturing him for inadvertently putting all of the zoo animals in danger. While he has been always known to be wild, he's really a circus lion cub and a zoo lion at heart. Even though he brags about knowing a lot about the wild, his secret is that he's never been there and is making all of the stories up. Samson is a good person though doesn't mean to fool his friends and can be a father to the Sub-zero Adventure Group. He is voiced by Kiefer Sutherland.
- Ryan is Samson's 11-year old son. He accidentally provoked the gazelle herd and it invokes Samson's anger over losing the championship game. After that, he sneaks into a transport box and winds up getting shipped to Africa. After reuniting and learning the truth about his father, he soon found his roar (before that, he has a squeaky growl) after getting abducted by the wildebeests. He is voiced by Greg Cipes.
- Benny is a street-smart squirrel with great knowledge. He is Samson's best friend and is the only one who knows Samson's secret. Benny also has a huge crush on Bridget and at the beginning of the movie asks her out but she refused. He is voiced by Jim Belushi (who also voiced Kirk the Woodsman from the first Hoodwinked! film).
- Bridget is an insecure and easily pampered Somali giraffe who is one of females in the Sub-Zero Adventure Group (along with Ellie, Shira, Peaches, Granny, Marlene, Tigress, and Viper). and also quick-witted and wants to be seen as strong and independent. She is voiced by Janeane Garofalo.
- Nigel is a hallucinating and always unpredictable British koala who's recognized by the NY Zoo's famous plush toy and is tired of being "cute". Assisting Samson in rescuing Ryan, his life is somewhat changed, however, when he's worshipped by wildebeests upon reaching Africa. Worshipped because of a talking plush which is responsible for scaring a pack of lions that away when it falls off a biplane, into the savannah plains. Nigel soon sees the error of his ways when the wildebeests attempt to eat his friends and escapes with the others back home. Though sometimes narrow-minded, he can be an uncle to the team. He is voiced by Eddie Izzard.
- Larry (simply referred as Lawrence) is Viper's dim-witted, yet very good hearted green anaconda cousin/uncle who tries to keep up with Manny, Samson, and the gang, despite his lack of hands or legs. Though he does help, being the stretchiest animal in the zoo, he can be many things, such as a turtle shooter at turtle curling. He is voiced by Richard Kind.
- At the end of Manny, Sid, and Diego's Adventures of The Wild, these animals will join the Sub-Zero Adventure Group.